Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tumbling Love!

It's been a really long time since I've tumbled in like an acutal class. Considering that I injured my ankle around mid March, it has been a good 6 months which is totally crazy! Like I wore a boot for about a month and even went to my cheer clinics in it. I took it off for tryouts so I could tumble and get bonus points, but after that I had to put it right back on. And I went to a couple Open Gyms but we basically just played around and I didn't get to do any hardcore tumbling.

But I got the schedule for my gym's classes and I saw a High School Team Level 3 Class that I wanted to sign up for! I was afraid I'd be the only one without friends but it turns out I was the only one... period! No one out of all 10 of us showed up except for me! And the coach turns out to be a girl who was on our Varsity Cheer team last year! I basically got a private lesson from our cheer captain last year.

But aside from strange coincidence of having a private lesson and a former CP cheerleader as my instructor, the class went really well! We started off with a basic warm up and moved to sets for standing tucks. And she asked if I wanted to do them on the floor or trak first so I just chose floor. And she said they were practically by myself I just needed to do a bunch of repetitioin, which we did. By this point, I'm like sweating, and I think I sweat off a good 3lbs! Then we moved onto running tumbling after about 20 standing tucks!

So that went really good, I have more power than I think I guess cause my tuck was a good 6 feet high at one point! My goal is to have it by Homecoming, but if not then end of football season. I feel like I could nail that, but maybe I'm just too full of optimism? Anyway, I'm so glad to be back in the swing of things with my tumbling!

First away game for me! And actually, it'd be really cool if you guys wanted to help out our team by voting for us as Game of the Week #3.It's College Park vs. Deer Valley. Vote it up! Let me know if your're having as great of a season as I am!

Link for the website --->  http://www.ktvu.com/s/sports/highschoolsports/

No comments:

Post a Comment