Friday, September 21, 2012

Epic Cheerleading Picture #5

Yes, I just posted I'm aware. I'm in a bloggy mood though, so I figured may as well find something else to write about! Then I realized, it's been a while since I've done an "Epic Cheerleading Picture" so may as well do that, right? :)


This girl has an awesome needle stunt! For a long time, I didn't know this was called a needle. If I saw a girl do a scorpion that was that straight I called it a "straight leg scorpion" simple as it sounded. But then I saw a guy who was on our cheer team last year start posting pictures on Instagram saying he was gonna stretch all summer to get his needle. I looked it up and it was a straight leg scorpion!

So I just typed in "needle cheerleading stunt" in google and this picture popped up. I can't tell what team she's on, but it looks like this routine was performed at Worlds. Her facials are super cute too. You can see how concentrated she is in geting her leg perfectly straight in the third column on this picture. In cheerleading, if you can get your leg that much more straighter, that could mean the difference between 1st and 2nd place.

The support her backspot and bases are giving her foot seems really stable, which is probably why she can pull her scorpion so straight. She has no fear of falling or keeping her balance because she knows and trusts the people beneath her. That's what cheer is all about.

Well hope you guys like Epic Cheerleading Pictures. Leave a comment or something and let me know if you're enjoying it!

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics! Man if i tried to those i would hurt myself. Especially in a stunt. Haha i like the girl in the middle. If she is holding that pose. Jeez she has some core strength.

    ReplyDelete