Friday, September 14, 2012

Falcons for the Win :)

College Park faced the gruling Pinole Sabercats tonight, and beat 'em 14-7! It was a pretty good game I'd say. We coreographed a new pyramid in literally less than an hour, and performed it with almost no practice! One group tosses a flyer back and we catch her, then J-swing and do a quarter turn, straight up extension. Keep in mind, it's not a very difficult stunt. But when you pair the tallest girl on the squad who generally backspots and an ex-flyer who is only 5'2" it's a little tough to stay even. And our backspot has never backed before, she's generally a base! So it was something really new to us. Notice how the base on the left hand side of this stunt has her knees bent alot, and the base on the right hand side has her legs locked and close together. That's basically what it was like for me and Taylor basing together. She was the one that had to get really low in the stunt.

Extension!
Well after the extension falling down twice we got it up there and held it! Everyone clapped and cheered for her and it was awesome :) We went into halftime knowing we could perform it... then bobbled... But luckily Taylor, Sammi, and I caught it just in time and saved it into a prep. Not as impressive, but I think everyone rushed into the stunt a bit and it all got bumped down to a prep.

Other than that, I thought it was a pretty fun game. There was one point where we were all laughing really hard so Sammi thought it would be a good idea to call a cheer and we would focus. But she ended up stuttering on the words and we all laughed and couldn't even start, let alone finish the cheer!

Also, I'd like to add I did a total of 26 back handsprings that game! 6 for warm-up, 3 during halftime, 7 during the banner breaking, and 10 on the sidelines during the game. The crowd started cheering and counting how many I was gonna do! My friend thought I was gonna tumble all the way back to my high school! (Awkward, we play at a Community College field, not our home school field) But yeah it was pretty incredible and I feel aweosme! My wrists are a little dead though... Well I need some sleep.. Kinders Fundraiser and CP Comp Team car wash! Also, gonna perform at the Walnut Creek Parade, too excited :) 

1 comment: