Wednesday, September 12, 2012

4 Weeks Till Homecoming!

Why does it feel as if I haven't blogged in forever? My last post was September 8th, and now it's September 12th. It's been four days.. but it feels like it's been an eternity since I've put my thought into writing. So let me just tell you how my cheer week has been :)

Monday: Practice started at 6pm, so I left the house around 5:40pm so I'd get there with enough time. Naturally, since it was Monday I had all my classes, and I was swamped with homework. But it's literally a cheer sin to miss practice just because of homework. So I get to practice, and I brought my "homework" from two weeks ago. After our first game we had homework to write down what needs to be improved in our squad. I forgot mine time and time again, but this time I was determined to get it to my coach Danielle! So we worked on our Homecoming Coreography which is in a little more than a month, can you believe it! Feels like it just snuck up on me out of no where.
So we line up the routine and we wanted to start working our stunts considering we'd never done them once. In this stunt sequence I am main basing a walking prep, retake, switch grip, extension lib. It sounds a little funny typed on the screen, but it makes sense when we do it! So we practiced those stunts and it actually hit! Considering this was my first time basing an extension anything I was pretty proud of myself :) Although I can't really feel my muscles right now... So yeah that was my Monday practice!

Tuesday: Every Tuesday I take the High School Tumbling Class #2 which is for advaced tumblers like myself. Well last week I was a class of one. This week I was again a class of one! So basically I'm getting private lessons for a way cheaper costs, and I love my coach too! We worked on standing tucks and running round-off BHS tucks. Did you know that one standing back tuck is roughly the same as 25 sit ups? My abs are killing me! I actually had to stop for a while because my abdominal muscles couldn't handle anymore tucks! I came home sore too sore to even more. I told my dad how a certain muscle in the lower quadraint of my stomach was hurting and he said I probably strained or pulled an abdoman muscle. Hopefully that heals soon because I wanna start tucking at football games not this Friday but the next!

Well, that was what my week was like! :) Sorry I hadn't been updating in a little bit, and this was kinda lengthy but I felt I had to make up for neglecting my blog. Thanks for keeping up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment