Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Swim

Today, like every other Saturday, I got to get up at 7am and go to cheer practice. However, this time it was a little different. Since the last two months I'd gone to every practice, which was more like conditioning to prepare us for Camp! Well the Advisors thought it'd be nice to give us a break, and considering how hot it's been, let us use the pool at our high school.

So I get to the school, I'm wearing my swimsuit and I'm ready to go in the pool, but I see everyone waiting outside the school gates. I realize, it hasn't been opened yet, and we've got to wait for someone to open it! So we stood out there for an hour until the pool guy came and unlocked the gates for us so we could swim. Then we all get in the pool and what does our lead Advisor tell us to do? Swim 10 laps there and back.. Are you kidding I thought this was supposed to be fun! Nope, we did leg kicks, stair runs, and pull ups on the diving boards. But after that we got to play around, and try some new stunts. I flew in a prep lib, half, extensions, and basket tosses. The only problem there.. Cassidy got hit in the chest and got the wind knocked out of her. I felt super bad cause I was the flyer in that stunt, but she walked it off and was ok. She said it wasn't anything to worry about, but still I felt really bad.

But yeah, that was as much cheer as I could handle today! I'm super sore from yesterday's tumbling class. I didn't think that did much, but I sure can feel it in my abs.Keep cheering everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment