Friday, July 13, 2012

Cheering on Friday the 13th

Today is Friday the 13th my friends.. and I spent the day doing crazy flips and defying gravity?! Shouldn't that be something to avoid on such an unlcuky day considering all the unwanted possibilities? Well good news, I left my gym without a scratch! And I'm gonna tell you all about it :)

About two hours ago I got back from Tumbling at CheerGyms.com. I take the Round-off back-handspring back tuck class. I used to have my tuck back before tryouts during the off-season after Sophomore Year, but due to an ankle injury I had to stop and rest it, now I'm just getting back into it and I see how hard it's gonna be to catch up. And of course, I hurt my ankle during.. cheerleading! It really is a dangerous sport to any who haven't tried, or think it's too girly. I have tendonitis in my right ankle, and I was stuck in a boot for 6 weeks! It was so hard walking down the hall hearing *click, click, click* everytime I stepped with my right foot.

But anyway back to my cheer filled day. So the class was kind of hard, but kind of easy if that makes any sense. Like I felt sweaty and stuff, but that was just cause it was hot and we were in a gym without air conditioning. All we did was standing tucks on the tumble trak. I used to have my standing tuck on the floor with like.. a little spot, but after the recent injury mentioned above I sorta lost it. So now I have to start training all over again. So basically just an easy tumbling day, hoping it'll get harder though! Comment, message me, share this blog, let me know I have readers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment