Friday, July 13, 2012

5,6,7,8, Introduction!

It's not enough that I have just one blog about my entire life, I needed a cheer blog for my CHEER LIFE! I'm sure alot of you are thinking, "what could be so important you need to start a whole 'nother blog for?" Well ya know, I think cheer takes up such a big part of my life, that it's not enough to have it be the center of "My Life" blog. It needs it's own seperate blog where it can thrive on it's own :)

My name is Larissa, I cheer for my high school team at College Park, and currently I am on the Varsity squad :) I'm going to be a junior in high scool, and I cannot wait to get back into cheer, especially on Varsity!

My freshmen year I was on the Frosh Squad, and it was a really fun experiance. I remember on the day of clinics I was sick on the first day, and on the second day when I forced myself out of bed to go and try and catch up I was so overwhelmed. I didn't have the courage to go to tryouts and see if I made the team. If it wasn't for Veronica, a senior on Varsity who messaged me on Facebook asking if I wanted a second chance at CP cheer, I never would have done it. But thank god she did cause that was the best thing that ever happened in my life! I even got my three best friends to come try out too.

Sophomore year I was on the Junior Varisty Squad, now a rolemodel for the incoming freshmen who didn't know as much. We tried something new that year, picking Captains, permanitley. We used to switch off being captains every game, and those would be the people who called out chants. The advisors picked these lucky beings, but this year it was different. We all submitted applications and I was picked to be a Co-Captain. You'd think I wouldn't be happy about that, but I was in awe that someone though I could be in a position of authority, and a good influence to CP cheer. There may have been some drama and issues later in the year, but I look back and think it was a good experiance.

So this year, I was thinking about trying out for the Competition Squad. My coach Jodi hounded me about it, because I was a good tumbler, and a flyer. I never really considered myself a competitive person. I always loved cheering on the sidelines, rooting for my team. However, I always love watching the All-Star Cheerleaders perform. Their the sport everyone watches and pays attention too. Side-line cheer is a sport, within a sport, and it's hard to be recognized for that. So I tried out, and I made the "To-Be-Considered" list. But.. as it neared closer to making a final decision, I got nervous, and quit. It was too much pressure, and I knew I was gonna be swamped with schoolwork and Sprit, Comp on top of that? I don't think I would have time to sleep. But, Yvonne (our coordinator) understood, she always does :)

Now we're 6 days and counting for the day we leave for... CHEER CAMP! It's my first time at a sleep-away camp, and I'm hoping it'll be a blast! So, any fellow cheereladers out there? Comment or message me below, feel free to share any of your stories with me! Anyone thinking about trying out for cheer? Do it. It's the best thing that happened to my life, I assure you, it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment