Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuck, Tuck, Tuck!!! And there it goes........

Yesterday was our last Monday practice in the gym before Homecoming. We were gonna have to run through the routine full out atleast 5 times so we know we could get it perfect. Well at first we just did stunts full out and stuff so we would be sure we could hit those. Because we perform a rally in the gym and there's no mats for us, just a paper thing anti slip thing so we don't get the gym floors dirty. So no flyer hits the ground, otherwise that'll sting alot worse than if we're on the turf (spell check). And basically our stunts were hitting so we got a couple minutes to warm up tumbling for the only 4 tumblers there are. I asked Kat to spot me on a round-off back handspring back tuck and she said I was good to do them by myself.

I have never gone for it by myself without a coach standing there, but suddenly I got this huge burst of confidence. I was committed to doing that tuck in my pass, and guess what.. I landed it! I was the happiest girl ever! I just did a round off back handspring back tuck all by myself and it hit! I knew the next day I would have tunbling practice so I figured just go and practice getting it perfect and I'll have it for the game on Thursday :)

Boy how wrong was I.. I get to tumbling today with the mindset of it's gonna happen and what happened was the exact opposite. Just my round off back handsprings were awful, there was no way I could throw a tuck out of that! And when I got the confidence back to just start throwing them again I didn't get my chest up fast enough or I'd reach for the ground. If I did that on the field it wouldn't stick at all.

I was literally ready to give up and walk off, I was so frustrated by this point I wanted to change my tumbling pass and be done with it. Maybe I'll never get my tuck. Fine whatever.

That's not what I wanted though... I knew I wanted that tuck. Whether I got it by Homecoming or by the last game of the season. I want it by the end of football season so I can show off my skills, because I have worked so hard and I want it more than anything.

My coach offered to come to DVC with me tomorrow and start spotting me on them just so I'm prepared for the game on Friday. If I'm tucking well then maybe I'll throw it at the game. But I don't wanna risk any injuries. Maybe give it another week? I want to tuck so bad... 

No comments:

Post a Comment