Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Homecoming 2012!

It comes and it goes, another year, another homecoming completed. And boy did this one have it's ups and downs.

It started off at 5:45am when I got up, and already my hair was being stubborn. We had to have our hair in a high ponytail with a large poof, but of course mine was being difficult and In needed my mom to come help me. I got Starbucks in the morning too which made my day even better :)

I sat in 2nd period anxiously awaiting my early dismissal so the cheerleaders could go warm up, but it never came. Finally, I asked my teacher if he'd gotten an e-mail about those who were supposed to be released early from class. He walked over to his computer and looked out the window and said "well they're some girls who are dressed like you on their way to the gym," and I was freaking out that I was gonna be late so I left and sprinted to the gym. Luckily, I was on time and every stunt and tumbling sequence hit in warm up and we were all confident in our performance. The rallies' went well, the first was always a bit nerve wracking but once you get over those performance jitters you learn to have a fun time and just relax.  So many people complemented me on my skills, as well as remarking how well the cheerleaders did during their performance.

After school ended my group of friends had a little tailgate of our own. First Paulette had to fix my poof, because it was just a mess. She's an all-star cheerleader for East Bay Sports Academy so she knows what she's doing.
 
Then, Rachel, Maddy, Reed, Ben, Paulette, Taylor and I all went to In 'N' Out for lunch. Mmmm those hamburgers tasted really good :) And after that we went to Ben's house until we had to leave for the game.

We perofrmed in the beginning of the game, and after. The first performance went really well and everyone hit their stunts. Well remember how I was supposed throw my tuck for the game on the turf. Well I decided I wanted to wait for the last performance to try it, especially with Windy there.

That is not what happened... at all. About a minute and a half before the final quarter ended Windy came down to the field to help me warm up my tuck. On the very last one before I was about to go on I let go of my tuck and my feet landed too far behind me. My ankle snapped in an awkwardly bent direction and I knew at that moment it was too far.

Going back all the way to when I first hurt my ankle I was diagnosed with tendonitis in my right ankle. For 6 weeks I couldn't tumble, jump, or even walk on it because it had to heal. I went through intensive physical theropy, and wore a boot full time! But after tryouts everything seemed to be going better, until that day...

I performed in the routine, but every movement I made sent a sharp pain through my achiles tendon. I walked off the field so the seniors could do their senior dance, and burst into tears. I was then carried off the field, and to the medical bench to get it taped and iced. Just my luck, I was doing so well with my tumbling too... and now history repeats itself.

I talked to my physical therapist and he said I need to ice, ibeauprofen theropy, and do my ankle stretches. Otherwise I'll be back in the boot, which means no driving. And if I don't, and my tendonitis gets worse and I can't seem to make it better, there is a potential I could never walk again.

Not the homecoming I was expecting... Let's just hope my ankle heals!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww. Larry! Thios is so sad! I saw that happen! I was screaming, go larry!!!" and i made my friends do it too! I hope your ankle feels better! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete