Sunday, October 21, 2012

Senior Night spent in the E.R.

Last night was Senior Night, a special night where the seniors on the football and cheer teams walk down the field with their loved ones and are announced to everyone. Well thank goodness I'm a Junior because I spent that night in the Emergancy Room.

Let me just explain what happened. So we were warming up for the game, I was throwing some simple tumbling passes while waiting for everyone to arrive. Since it was Senior night the seniors were going to perform their senior dance during Halftime. But they didn't want to leave the 4 Juniors out so we were going to do our halftime too. Well when the seniors were warming up the dance I warmed up my tumbling. What a mistake that was...

When I went back in my back handspring I heard a snap, when I stood up I realized my whole thumb was sideways. I looked at it and started just hyperventalating, then Maddy came over and started screaming "oh my god, oh my god!" over and over again. Our Spirit Advisor Shawn came up to me,  took my hand, and led me to the trainer. She made me a splint out of popsicle sticks and taped it and iced it. Surprisingly I remember being really calm, probably because I was in shock.

My parents were called and I went to the Emergancy Room. X-rays confirmed the break and I was given a shot to numb my finger up. Then the doctor had to set my finger, which was probably the worst part. Now I'm in a temporary cast until Wednesday and I get the real one. I'm thinking purple!
Ugly temporary cast

Luckily I made it back to the game by 4th quarter and got to see all my friends. Also my advisor said I can still do sideline cheer! Countdown from 4-6 weeks starting now!

3 comments:

  1. man... that stinks. i hope you feel better. ouch ouch ouch! You are always injuring yourself larissa! see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know seriously! Sign my cast though ok? :)

    ReplyDelete