Monday, August 27, 2012

Practice and Temporary Bows

So you know how I missed Homecoming Coreography because I was in Alaska. Yeah well it's pretty hard to pick up a whole two minute routine in a short practice. Luckily, I'm a quick learner so I picked up the dance from my friend Serenity and got the tumbling section today. However we have a bit of a crisis with the whole stunting situation.

So my friend Taylor tells me that I'm in her stunt group and I'm put as a main base. So I rush over to Taylor and go to learn my new part as we are doing the routine full out and I see a girl who's basing. And I'm confused like "so.. am I backspotting? But Taylor told me I base?" The girl who was basing in my spot asked if I could back spot because she'd already learned the basing counts. Well I have no problem with learning the backspot position, infact I don't even mind it at all. The only problem is, it's an extension lib, and I am 5'2". I don't know if I will be able to reach that high! I told her it was no problem, but we'll have to see if it hits because I'm not very tall.

That's all of homecoming I did and I know very little which bothers me because I hate not knowing our routine full out. On the plus side, since our game bows haven't arrived yet, we got temporary bows! They are silver sparkle with a purple band around the middle. Thank god we got some color because our white practice bow is not as fun as these are. Hopefully our official bows are awesome too!

Temporary Bow!
Then we worked on our halftime. Turns out the main flyer in our routine, also named Taylor but with the last name M. is having surgerey and can't perform the stunts. So I suggested to Taylor to have Maddy (my other best friend) step in and I take her spot back spotting. Because her and I both flew for Frosh and JV stunts. But Cassie pushed me into the stunt group and said "have Larissa fly!" and so there before you know it I got my wings back and flew! I looked at Haley who is my main base and told her I haven't flown in a while and she said "well you do now" It's just a simple show 'n' go to a prep, but the fact that it's the center position is something new. And it actually hit really well. Our show 'n' go was fully extended and our cradle from prep was awesome.

Well after practice, Maddy and I went and got Starbucks for half off and spent a whole hour in the parking lot talking and dancing and what not. It got to be dark and we both realized this was like.. the wierd part of Concord and we might get killed in a gang shooting if we didn't head home early enough.

Now all I want is a shower, because that was like the first official work out I'd done in a while since the cruise and I am a hot mess! Well thought I'd share my new position with you guys and what's happening. It's just a temporary spot, but who knows. Maybe this could lead into potential new stunts. I forgot what a thrill it is to be in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment