Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Game Jitters!

Tomorrow is our first official game of the season, and I'm so excited! Our rival is Alhambra... and that's who we always play for the first game. It's the biggest deal ever, so it's important that we win and show them who's boss!

We get to wear our uniforms and be all sparkly and awesome which I am looking forward too. The only bummer thing is that we didn't get our bows on time :( I don't even know what they look like and it's KILLING ME! I want giant purple bows with like rhinestones and sparkles and everything, because we're varsity and that's how it should be.

I feel like our Freshmen Year we were punished because first of all, we didn't even have our uniforms for the first game. It never hit me until my Sophomore year how much of a priority it was that we have our uniforms. Secondly, our game bows were just regular white bows, with a different cut than our practice bows. You could have worn the practice bows and no one could tell the difference!

Moving on from that past year nightmare, there's a new crisis at large. We will have to wear our practice bows for the first game! This is totally ridiculious, I wanted to look our best for the biggest game of the year, but we'll have these wimpy little bows. I don't even know how to wear a practice bow all cheery and peppy and whatnot!

Captains made a big deal about cheer hair and how it needs to be all the way up in a super high ponytail with our bangs slicked out of our face. You don't understand how high this is. Put the palm of your hand at your eyebrows and your middle finger on the top of your head. Wherever your finger stops is where your ponytail should be. On mine that's super high, and I personally like it when it's high but not like whoo-ville status where it's on top of your head.

I'm not gonna let any of that get me down though, I'm just gonna keep the spirits up and cheer my heart out! Hopefully everyone else has an awesome first game or competition ahead of them, good luck to all! I will write later about how it went with pictures to follow, I pinky promise :)

1 comment: