Friday, August 10, 2012

Banner Decoration & New Uniforms :)

Today was a cheer-tastic day! I got to College park around 9am so we could start making bannars for our football games. You know, the ones the cheerleaders hold as the football players run through them yelling and screaming the cries of their people sounding all manly and what not. Yeah so we got all designful and created 10 gorgeous banners. Serenity even painted a smiley face on my leg with the purple paint! Sadly, it turned pink :( Which meant our banners were gonna be pink too! Hopefully we can go back over them with some darker colors..

Anyway, whilst the banners were drying we went over the chants we'll have to be performing at games. I think everyone did really well, even though we haven't gone over all of them. But the new girls know many of the main chants we do repetitively at games. Then once that was finished we got pizza and sat with our squad. Our instructions were to go over what our teammates expect of our Captain and Co-Captain. I don't mind a little constructive criticism and learning what would be appropriate so I was all ears. It was mostly just about being fair, and putting things for the best of the squad not your friends. But I think both Haley, Sammi, and I all get that so it'll be a breeze :)
We also had a little discussion about cheer hair. And as I mentioned before in my Epic Cheerleading Picture I love when All-Star teams curl their hair and put it half up half down with a big poof and sparkly bow. But I think for high school it's a little different because we're not as professional as the Big League. There has been alot of debate as to what our cheer hair should look like. Some like a low pony tail, others like it in the middle, and some like it high. There's always a question of bangs and the little baby hairs that won't go in your ponytail and what not. But this year we decided the ponytail should be towards the top of your head with bows forward and your bangs slicked back and neatly pushed out of your face. Personally, that's how I like it because I can't have hair in my face or I won't be able to see. Also if I had a low ponytail I would step on it when I tumble. There was a bit of arguments on that and questions like "well maybe we can switch it up sometimes" and I wouldn't be apposed to trying that but it's so hard for me personally. However, if the squad comes to a vote on it and the other Captains are ok with it I'd be willing to try.

Finally, what I've been waiting to tell you all since I got home, WE GOT OUR NEW UNIFORMS!!!! They are absolutley gorgeous and I love them <3 I'll post a picture of me in it, with probably my friends later but just to describe tem to you their purple with black and white stripes and a sliver CPHS in the middle. It's super awesome, and I can't wait to see what the bow looks like too!

So yeah that was my day. Sadly, I leave tomorrow for a 10 day cruise and I doubt there will be anything cheer related there but.. we'll see, maybe I can come up with something ;) Anyway I hope you all are having a marvelous day! Comment or message me, and be sure to check out my new Blog "Cheer Bows Are Us" which is all about me and Taylor selling cheer bows! If you're interested let us know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment