Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back from Alaska!

Hey guys, I'm home!! After a long 10 day cruise it's finally nice to be back in California just relaxing and enjoying the land. I found out some new stuff:
  1. Lots of old people go on cruises
  2. People tend to get really fat and eat alot on those cruises
  3. I get sea sick
So a couple practices before we left I was learning some new stunting techniques. And considering we have  14 seniors and 4 juniors, it's a little hard sharing the lime light with the "Senior Showcase." So I was learning how to base, and mind you, I'd been a flyer my entire cheer carreer. Well I have the muscle for basing because I'm a tumbler so it wasn't difficult for me. And now it seems like that's my new position.

The first thing I did when I docked in Alaska was text Taylor and find out what my parts are in Homecoming Coreography. I front alot of stunts, but I base a prep switch grip extension lib. I've never done that... ever! I guess they have alot of faith in me, but still I'm really nervous.

Anyway, tomorrow we're gonna go over a couple chants at DVC so we're prepared for our game this Friday. Can you believe it, our first game is this Friday! I'm so excited! I'll get a picture of my squad and I in our uniform before the week is over, I promise :)

School starts on the 29th of August, so hopefully I find time to continue to blog. Keep on reading, and I'm still up for any stories you're willing to share or suggestions on future topics, just e-mail me. It's nice to be home :) Hope everyone is having an awesome end of August/beginning of the school year!

2 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see you yesterday! I cant wait for school to start! BTW, is Ms. Duffy good or bad? I have never seen her before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm I never had her, but she's not the worst. I think you'll be alright :)

    ReplyDelete