Friday, August 24, 2012

First Football Game!

One game down... 9 to go! (I think..) Today was alot of fun, and I had a super awesome time cheering for Varisty and bonding with the squad. It started off at the JV game when I met up with Taylor and C.C. to support Junior Varisty. That was all good fun and it was awesome watching the girls we knew as freshmen lead and be good examples. Then we as the Varsity team went to go practice.

This is where it got kind of crazy. You see, in the beginning stunt sequence I walk from the front of the jump sequence to the front stunts and front spot. However, since Maddy was gone the back stunt didn't have a backspot. Me being the only extra front spot had to go learn a new part. And mind you, I'm 5'2" so I've never been asked to backspot, nor try it. So this was something new! I had to sprint to this new spot and get there on time and support and catch my flyer. Granted, I actually like back spotting and now I can officially say that I've done everything! I have flown, I've front spotted, main based, and secondary based, as well as backspotted! I guess that means I'm a very diverse person ;)

The captains went over and welcomed the Alhambra cheerleaders to the game and wished them good luck and the game started! It was fun calling chants and stuff, and that's what I missed out on last year as Co-Captain. It was never made clear to me if we actually get to call cheers. However, this year Sammi was all for switching off with the other two Co-Captains.

We set our standards, and can't wait to improve! Our next game is gonna be even better! But you know what I'm really looking forward to? Our first away game. As Jvosh (JV & Frosh) we were only allowed to do one away game. And since last year the one we had scheduled was against Mt. Diablo we weren't allowed to go considering past events. Now we travel! But of course...JV is now too which is kinda dumb cause that's the first year and it's supposed to be a varisty privalige! But whatever, I'm just excited to be on someone else's turf and show them what College Park is all about!

Anyway, that was our game and I had an awesome time! Oh I know I've been promising new uniform pictures but I never got around to it today. So this is one I took when we first got it. I promise to have one by the end of football season no later with my full uniform, bow, and cheer hair. But aside from that, hope everyone had an awesome day and I will keep you informed on what's next in the Cheer Chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment